2/3 Cup Anyone?!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A lazy weekend morning and the girls and I (my 10 year old daugther and her BFF) decide to make crepes for breakfast.  I ask the girls to get everything prepped and I will come down stairs to make them.    I am enjoying my coffee & laptop in bed--hence the boys are at hockey and there is PEACE in my home.  BFF comes in with a stick of butter and says, "Mrs. G, how do you measure 2/3 cup of butter"!
I burst into laughter because my sister had said to me at lunch the day before that her and her girlfriend laugh and call each other when they need to measure 2/3 cup.  Is it 2 1/3rds or what?!!!!  I am sure there are many out there that can measure this and get it, but I started sweating thinking, how do we make 2/3 Cups out of this stick of butter.  So, anytime a recipe calls for 2/3 smile and know there are sisters and BFF's in New England that laugh each time they measure, or attempt to measure.  Move over Betty and Martha, make way for HIPP Moms!
Have a Hipp day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment