Baby Fat!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There are very few moms out there that don't suffer from weight gain, if you are one that does not deal with weight gain, be grateful!  I have struggled with this for a while.  The funny thing is that most people look at me and think I don't have any issues with weight (with exception of my stomach area) because I am petite.  The truth is, my body should look different and when I lose weight (and are in better shape), I feel different.  Since being a mom I gradually gained weight, I would guess about 5 pounds every few years and got to my heaviest 4 years ago, I was able to take off some of that weight but have hit a wall.  I have not been able to reach my goal, one which I have set for over 5 years now.  The big problem is my stomach, I use to call it my "baby fat" but my baby is now almost 8--it is time to do something about it!!!!    I am on a mission to get under 110 pounds (that weight is healthy for my body size).  I have said this before but have not been able to breakthrough.  I am not giving up!  I have learned that I don't want to give everything up.  I love food, I love the celebration around food, and breaking bread with friends and family.  I will continue to do that, I am after getting better, not perfection!  Now that spring is almost here, I am setting my goal:   I will weigh 109 pounds by May 31, 2010 and will be able to wear a 2 piece bathing suit (which I have not done since my honeymoon)!  I may need to bare my motherhood badge of courage (stretch marks) but that is okay, it is a visual for me and something to strive for these next few months.  HIPP moms do not have perfect bodies, we take care of ourselves, and do the things necessary to make us feel comfortable in our own skin!  We are strong, we fall down (or get lazy) but we get back up and face the day, the gym or do what ever makes our soul and body sing.  
Have a healthy, fat blasting HIPP day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment