Summer on Steroids!

Thursday, August 19, 2010


Okay, now that summer is coming to an end, I can't help but think, what have we not done yet on our "top 10" list and also, what else can we do as the reality is we only have a few more weeks to do the beach, the pool before we switch gears and go into fall.

After labor day, I check out mentally from "summer" activities like swimming in the pool and going to the beach (even thou the weather is still nice), it is a mental shift of gearing up for fall, and if I am on the beach, it is usually walking my dog or being on a family walk.  

I am reminded that the ages of my kids will change and my daughter will enter her last year in elementary school, the tween signs are coming on strong and I have no desire for her to grow up quickly.  

I am working on several projects for work to get ready for our busiest season and am in the process of redesigning my website (well, not me but I am developing the content for the site).  I am torn with wanting to get all this done and build even more memories with my kids before summertime fades away.

A plan, I need a plan.  I need to look at the two short weeks and really carve out when we can do some fun things and when I can dedicate time to my work and the things that need to stay in motion.    With one more mini vacation left, I so look forward to that time to unplug and be present with my family!

HIPP moms create time to dedicate to their families and realize how important it is for the kids to have that time (and for us as moms to have that time).  We struggle with the juggle, but we also come up with a plan to "have it all", even if we need to sacrafice some things to make that happen!

Have a HIPP Summertime sort of day and carve out what you will do with your family outside of your time to work!  Perhaps it is time to take some time off of work to enjoy these fleeting days of summer!  How many more summers do you have with your babies?


0 comments:

Post a Comment