Making a House a Home

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I love this season, the leaves are changing color, there is a chill in the air and the fire wood has been delivered (but not quite cool enough for a fire).  I broke out my harvest candle and used it for a few days, then unfortunately my son through a ball and broke it.  I found another one which was in the family of fall scents but not the usual one I light this time of year.  All 3 kids commented that they like my "other candle", this comment alone reminded me how these scents stay with us and remind us of home.

Through the craziness of the day, and getting past the piles of laundry, how do you make a house a home?  

These are a few things we do, besides creating cozy decor and inviting spaces:

-light a candle
-play soft music
-play with lighting, lamps at night always warm up the room
-have a roaring fire (or candles) in the hearth
-bake something, there is nothing like the smell fresh baked breads or muffins (or brownies)!
-make a home cooked meal (if you are not a cook, look for nicely prepared meals you can heat up)
-for this season, accent with fall/harvest decor (my kids love this, and it absolutely makes our house a home).
-display kids art, special pictures and family photos

Making a house a home takes little effort but brings much comfort, joy, peace to your home.  It's all about family, it's all about friendship and it all begins at home!

There is no place like home!  Do something today to make your house a home!  
HIPP Moms CREATE HIPP HOMES!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment