Not A Creature Was Stirring, Not Even A Mouse!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

What is that sound and where is it coming from?

Home alone while the kids are at dance and hockey practice, I am in the kitchen thinking about the few hours I have to check e-mail, then get dinner ready and a fire going, a Friday night at home with the family.  

"tap, tap, tap, tap".  Not the sweet sound of my daughter dancing but this sound, near my kitchen sink....  I think, it can't be.  I listen more, work my way to cabinet.  I open the door and see this MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!   Being the HIPP Mom that I am, I SCREAM and act like a crazy woman running around the kitchen, chanting, there is a bleep da lee bleep, mouse in the house!

The peaceful scene of getting our home ready for a nice Family dinner on a Friday night, turns into complete distraction and drama, sound familiar?!

On the phone with my mom, and then mother in law, we laugh, we strategize and we realize I am not the candidate to remove "said mouse".

Husband comes home to a frantic wife who did accomplish cooking dinner and sort of got a fire going (it was lame), who insisted we need to get it out of the house.

Of course, he opens the cabinet and there is no mouse to be found, not crunching, jumping sort of sounds that I listened to for over an hour.

Up this morning for an early hockey game for my son.  I go downstairs to make coffee while my husband gets ready to take my son to his early morning hockey game.  
The noise, it's back!  He knows I am not crazy but at this point, we cannot find the critter!

I am pretty grounded, confident, brave, and independent!  But when it comes to rodents, I am a screaming mimmi, damsel in distress and bask in the human nature of "human nature"!

Sugar plums are dancing in their heads as I sip my coffee and think about the mouse in the house!

Have a HIPP day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment