Girlfriends Rule!

Monday, March 1, 2010

I think one of the top things that us moms need to do is have our girlfriend time!  It is so important to us and helps us to connect, be ourselves and be inspired or to inspire the girlfriends in our life.    This is near and dear to my heart because I just came home from having lunch with one of my dearest of girlfriends (she is one of my BFF's)!   The most important thing when you surround yourself with girlfriends is to MAKE SURE THEY ARE FRIENDS THAT BUILD YOU UP AND NOT BRING YOU DOWN!   You all know exactly what I am talking about, it is time to distance yourself from those that bring you down (now before you cut ties, make sure it is your friend that is bringing you down and not you comparing yourself to her that is bringing you down)!  Surround yourself with people that build you up, speak positive and when they need to vent, it is done so in a humorous way or one that is balanced with solutions.  My friend that I had lunch w/is so dear to me, because we met when I was mother of 2 with baby #3 on the way (all under the age of 3).  She was a mom of 2 (2 and under), and we would laugh with each other and talk about how hard it was, the days were long and we confessed to each other how we would pace ourselves to make it through the day.  We laughed, a lot.   But most importantly, we ENCOURAGED each other and saw the best in each other.  None of this has changed, our 2 year olds are now 10 and we continue to admire each other, coach each other and share in our friendship, we know it is special and we are so confident in our special bond--I know God brought this amazing friend into my life.  I am going to brag on her for a minute....  She is a SAHM and is one of the best at it!  She is so involved with her children and not only takes great care of them but also nurtures her soul through reading, exercise and being at peace with herself, her life and her role as mom.  It was so much fun today because we truly have not seen each other in a while (besides a quick phone conversation or wave hello in the pick up line at school).  We started out with quick overall updates on each other and what was really cool is that we both are grounded, centered and at peace as women, moms, wives and life!  We had so much fun getting caught up and talking about the demands of being a CEO (chairperson of Everything)!  She wanted to know how my work was going and I was excited to share with her I continue to love my work and it provides me time to start and work on this blog (which I am really excited about)!  Of course, we both start talking about the possibilities and she calls me "the mini Oprah of being a mom".  I laugh and remind her of my goal to be on the Oprah Show (about something positive); and she reminds me that I have 1 year left to make that happen.  Then we talk about kids, husbands and life.  We spent 1 1/2 hours together and the time flew by.   The way I describe her as a friend is that after I spend time with her, I feel better and even more inspired afterwards, now to me, that is the true meaning of friendship.   She is absolutely hands down a HIPP mom because she works every day at having, doing and being more for herself, her family and her home!  I hope this post inspires you to get in touch with those around you that build you up!  This whole motherhood thing is a journey, which is unpredictable, challenging, rewarding and shapes our children's lives.  
Have a HIPP day you all and be sure to call one of your HIPP Mom girlfriends and do lunch!  Love, Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment