I Love "My People"

Friday, March 5, 2010

In order to be HIPP, we must look at delegating and outsourcing our duties where ever possible.  Now I know every budget is different and we all have to do what works for our budgets.   As I write this my "friend" Nicole just walked in the door.  Nicole is my house cleaner and she makes me smile when she walks in the door, she is my friend.   I can remember when we first got married, we worked all week and spent Saturdays cleaning the house.  Charlie begged me to hire a housecleaner but that seemed crazy to me (I did not grow up with one, my mom cleaned our house and as a modern wife, we would tag team clean the house).  Charlie grew up with a house cleaner so that made sense to him.  I was pregnant a few months after we got married, and gave in to Charlie's request.  I never knew what I was missing until I had the benefit of someone coming in and making my house sparkle from top to bottom.    I do know that not everyone has it in their budget to do this, but if you can come up with a way you can spoil yourself (even if it is once a month), try and make that happen because you can spend the time you would have cleaning doing something for yourself.  This will then allow you to be there for your family and feel some reward and balance in your life.  Perhaps you already have a house cleaner but complain that "you could do a better job".  HIPP mom's say "get over it"!  Be grateful for what you have and spend your energy and time on more positive things.  "Super Mom" or the superiority complex can destroy the potential of a HIPP mom; if you find yourself doing this, that is a red flag that perhaps you need to change your perspective for yourself as a mom and those around you!   For me, getting support in place (be it a house cleaner, nanny, organizer, office assistant) allows me to focus more on what is REALLY important.  Some may think it is a sign of weakness, us HIPP moms know it is a sign of strength, the ability to admit "I can't do it all" or "I don't choose to do it all"!  I was brought up to do things really well, it did not matter what you did, as long as you did it well!  When I first became a mom I thought that was doing EVERYTHING!  I have learned that I am better when I put support in place (at various stages of parenting and growing a business) and this support has allowed me to create balance for my family and to allow myself to thrive as a mom, as a person, as a business leader and as a wife.     So, on your journey of being a HIPP Mom, know that it is HIPP to have support!  "My people" can be friends helping each other out, it is that simple.   Take a look at ways you can create more support and allow yourself time to focus on growing, not catching up.  Have a HIPP day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment