Sunshine Makes me HAPPY!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Living in the northeast during the pre-spring weather can be a drag.  After many, many days of rain, the sun is finally here and Spring has sprung!   What is it about the sun that makes us just feel good, feel warm and feel renewal?!   I have gotten a lot smarter about sun protection and certainly have changed my habits from my teens and twenties!  Back then, the darker the better, bring on the baby oil, iodine, albums covered in tin foil and SUN!!!!!!!!  While I love to have the sun shine on my face (isn't vitamin D good for your mood), I protect my skin and let the warmth lift me up in spirit and warm me up as well.  Lets face it, we are so busy, burdened, baked, dear I say "bothered" at times.  Our mood can be changed instantly (by our own desire to make a change) and by the weather outside and that yellow ball in the sky!    Sunshine is just a burst of a word and the energy and light from it is not only seen but also felt.    Nothing like cruising along (even if it is in my suburban), warm weather coming in the window, sunshine and a great song on the radio.  "I'm walking on sunshine, oh yeah, I'm walking on sunshine, oh yeah, and don't feel good, oh yeah now"!  You are so glad you did not hear me sing that!  Okay all you HIPP Moms and HIPP people!  Have a HIPP day and shine no matter what the weather is!  If it is nice, take 5 minutes to let the sun warm your face and cruise to your favorite tune.  Have a HIPP and SUNNY Day!!!!!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment