Busy Busy Busy

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I wonder how many moms say the word "busy" each day!!!!  Any time I run into a mom I have not seen and ask "how are you" and "how is the family", it is the same story everywhere, "we are so busy", spring sports and crazy busy with soccer, lacrosse, baseball"!  I find myself doing the same, "we are great, crazy busy with activities but all is good"!      Over the years of building a home based business and juggling family and all of the demands, I had a harder time hearing "I am so busy" from mom's that did not work.  I understand that being a SAHM is work but I always wanted to say "really, you think you are busy".  Try running a multi million dollar business, going from car pool line to speak to a crowd of hundreds at night!  But then I remind myself, I love what I do!!!!!!   Even having help with my kids over the years, I have been involved in their daily lives and activities a great deal.  The funny thing is that "BUSY' is a relative term!  We all have different thresholds of how much we can take on, what our priorities are and also how much we are willing to delegate.  So, as I sit here on a quiet Sunday morning, I think about how many more years I will be talking with moms and hearing about "how busy" everyone is!!!!   Life needs to slow down for all of us, not sure the answer to that, but perhaps that is why there are seasons.  I am so looking forward to the summer months in a few months, less of a schedule and more time to "not be so busy"!
Have a HIPP day and BREATH rather than be BUSY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment