Football, Family, Fall, Festivities, Flavors!

Monday, September 13, 2010

These are the best "F" words I can think of, I am in a Fall state of mind!  I love the season changes and what it does for the heart & soul.  Fall brings us together, it is a season of games, a season of flavors and smells (there is nothing like the smell of apple pie baking) a season when there is a chill in the air and such warmth in your heart!    Leaves turning color which will then begin to fall, autumn air has that refreshing safe & familiar smell, meals in the kitchen lean more towards comfort food, especially on the weekend.  

I don't have an apple pie baking, in fact, we have yet to go apple picking.  A fall family tradition that is so hard to fit in on the weekend because of kids sports (it may end up a week day event locally)!     I looked at my husband and said, "I am ready for fall", I am ready for nights in with a warm fire crackling, I love home, I love fall and I love how it connects us as a family in our busy lives.  

Start to plan some family fall fun in your busy family schedule.  
-go for a hay ride
-pick apples
-go to the corn maze
-make a scare crow
-pick out your pumpkins
-bake a pie (or apple crisp if pie is too much)
-throw on a big sweater
-go to a football game
-play in a pile of leaves
-make a big pot of chili
-on the weekend make hot apple cider
-decorate your home for fall, it makes a house a home!
-have a fire going and some family time together (movie night, game night)

It is HIPP to FALL in love with FALL!  Wishing you the crisp cool weather outside and the warmth in your heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment