Fresh Face!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The title fresh face could refer to my kids at any given day, but for today, it refers to the importance of putting your fresh face on!

As moms, we are juggling, running, and are the leaders of multi-tasking!    Very often we put ourselves last and really look how we feel, disheveled and overwhelmed!  As HIPP moms, we've got to put our fresh face on, meaning, we have to take time (albeit 5 minutes) to brighten our face with lipgloss, mineral powder, mascara and some blush or bronzer!    If you don't wear make up, just the small act of washing and moisturizing your face feels & looks good from the inside out!  
Likewise, hair that is either styled or in a neat pony tail or clip is so important (it is a reflection of caring for yourself)!   Okay, the 3rd area to check in with is your wardrobe!  You do not have to be a fashionista mom, but get rid of those sweat pants (if necessary, yoga pants look so much better) but cool, hip jeans are easy, comfy and make you look and feel more "with it"!

I struggled with this when my kids were babies!  I would sometimes be so blind to how I looked because I did not pay attention to it or I thought, why bother dressing up for my 1, 2, and 3 year old!  The part I missed was dressing up for me, I did it sometimes but it was not my daily routine!  Make it your daily routine to dress for success!  Yes, not only in the board room but in the play room!  This one step is a step forward in living your HIPP life!

Growing up we were taught to take pride in how we looked.  We did not have much money but my mom knew how to shop on a budget and also how to keep her brood, clean and well groomed.   I understand the importance of this and can see it is a life long journey.   Obviously there are far more important things in life, but how we look and feel on a daily basis is important to our happiness, how we connect with ourselves, the world around us and our role as mom!

Balance beauty, motherhood, and style with grace!  I'm not talkin' prom queen, I am just saying, be the best you can be from the inside out!   Try it on for size, I think it will look and feel amazing!  

Fresh face, great hair, cool jeans = happy mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment