Keeping it Real!

Monday, October 11, 2010

I was at a party the other night, friends of ours that we met right when we moved to our community.  Ironically, my husband went to college and lived on the same floor with the girl and played football against the husband.   I just love this couple, and especially adore my girlfriend.  We met when we both had babies at "babies & swim"!  We hit it off right away because we were so honest with each other how we are challenged as moms!  How women would smile at us and say "oh, enjoy this age, they grow so fast"!  Are you kidding me?  Do you know how long the day lasts and that I can't even take a second to pee by myself without someone poking at my stomach which no longer looks like my stomachl!!!!  We would laugh and talk about the challenges and the love for it and how you just have to laugh or have "mommy juice" at the end of the day on those tough days!!!!  

I love it because we are so fond of those days and how we would laugh, a lot, every time we would see each other.  Of course, our boys play sports together so now we talk about how crazy busy it is after school and the joys of boys!!!!

At this party, I spoke to another mom who used to be my sons preschool teacher.  She is so cute, has the darling voice and she is what you would expect of a pre-school teacher.  She was so funny because she was like "isn't it hard, no one really talks about how you just want to scream at the top of your lungs (and dare I say, sometimes you do)!  It was so neat for me to see because it is true, we are all so real.    Moms share in common that we love our kids more than anything on earth and some of us are challenged more than we ever have been in this journey called motherhood.

A shout out to all the HIPP moms I know and all those reading this!  It is absolutely HIPP to be real.  HIPP moms are real, we get harried, insane, p'd off and procrastinate, but we also get over that (either by a laugh, a cry, a good bottle of wine and a good friend or a time out) and we make a decision to move forward and create a hipp day or hipp moment, happy, inspired, passionate and productive or at least one of these things!  When all else feels, we laugh and know we are not the best mom, we try our best as moms!

To all the HIPP moms in my life (most every mom in my life & community inspires me)!
Have a HIPP day!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment