YOGA

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I should be getting paid right now for how much I am recommending YOGA!
Yoga, who knew?

I would not consider myself a "yogie", in the past 10+years I really never got in to it.  I would try a class here and there and for some reason, did not embrace it.  I love to work out and have always done so since college (an on again, off again relationship I have had)!  

1 1/2 years ago at the recommendation of a friend I tried Power Yoga!  It was such a hard work out and I was blown away by how it challenged me.  Over that year, I would go sporadically and combine it with other workouts, no big commitment, it was just a bonus when I fit it in!

In May of this year, I decided to go more and in one of these classes, the instructor talked about the importance of 3+ times a week, I took that to heart and committed myself to 5 days a week.  

I am hooked!  I LOVE it and my body has responded.  Between a consistent commitment to yoga and a 28 day cleanse, I was able to reach my goal weight and more importantly feel better in my own skin!  

I love power yoga, yes you sweat, but that is good.  It is SOOOO good for your body, for your mind and for your life.  Yes, it is a time commitment but anything good requires commitment, decision and sacrifice.   I have fit it in, yoga in morning, work for 3 hours and then switch gears to be Mom!

So, if you are looking to become a better you, my advice is to try power yoga, give it time and shape into the mom, wife, friend, leader and person you are mean't to be!

Namaste!

0 comments:

Post a Comment