Poised, Confident and Electrifying!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Poised, confident and Electrifying are the words to describe the dance duo my daughter and her friend did at the local talent show in town.   I was so in awe of watching their duo for the first time on stage (and with tap shoes on) that I could not even film it.  I wanted to see it over and over again!   

Poised: these two girls knew their place, even thou I am sure they wanted to giggle and look at each other, they took their roles and smiled and danced, making the audience lean in wanting more.  They were professional and danced at that level even with familiar faces in the crowd.

Confident:  when I looked at my daughters face and stage presence, the first thing I thought about was how confident she was up there.  The two girls danced with confidence in themselves and in each other.  They owned the stage!  As a mom, it is so gratifying to see the confidence in your children.  She works hard each week at dance, and to see her perform, I see life lessons unfolding each time.  It made me want to get up there and dance (well, maybe not)!

Electrifying!
The beat, the energy, the passion, the purpose, the talent, it was nothing less than electrifying!
We see it when our boys skate, and to see it with our girls on stage is just empowering!  To see the dynamic between the girls is equally exciting because they are buddies!  They have the blessing of many friends, but their friendship is very special and to see this blended with their love for dance, and everything synchronize was just powerful!

Obviously as her mom, I feel this way.  You know what it is like watching your child.  You cannot take your eyes of them in sports, arts, or what ever it is they are doing when competing or performing (or both)!  Our dynamic duo won the talent show!   We always say it is not about winning, but it sure feels good!

We as moms work hard each week, driving, delivering, packing and supporting our kids with their activities.  It is events like this that remind me why I do what I do!

HIPP moms make their lives work around their family and support the dreams and aspirations of their kids while honoring their own.

Hope you dance and dream today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment