Thankful for Sure!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here we are, the day before Thanksgiving, a time to gather, a time to be grateful and a time for family and friends.  For many moms, we can get stressed out around the holidays (NORMAL), it is a time when we are adding more of everything to our list and that can be stressful.  It is a time when you might have to deal with some relatives you may not want to deal with, that can be a challenge too!  Allow me to get you ready for this day of celebration!

It can be a day you embrace and feel joy!  As a HIPP mom, you are creating memories for your kids.  What about that amazing smell of turkey in the oven, and all the side dishes and how those aroma's play with each other, it is heart warming!  Now, don't pressure yourself too much in the kitchen, SIMPLICITY is the name of the game.  No one really cares that you made your gravy from the pan and that you stayed up all night with the bird (that might make them feel bad)!  Do the things you love, and remove the rest!  If you are not hosting, be sure to help the other HIPP mom who is hosting.  Don't ask "what can I do" (unless it is your sister or sister in law that will be honest with you), jump in and help out.  I don't like it when people do that at the time, but I am always grateful afterwards because many people makes it simple!

It is not about the meal, it is about the memory!

The day is about GRATITUDE!  What are you grateful for?  

I am so thankful for my life!  I am thankful that my husband is not only such a great husband and dad, that he is my very best friend!  I am so grateful for 3 kids which I am so proud of, they drive me crazy and I am crazy in love with them!  I am thankful for my family and friends and living in such a great community.  I am grateful for my business and the people it has brought into my life.  

Wishing you a blessed thanksgiving where you are really in touch with what you are grateful for and that you are really in touch with the joy of the day.   And when all does not go as planned, just laugh it off, humor is grace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment