Deck the Halls!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I will never forget the first year we were married and we owned our very own home.  Prior to that, I did not need to deck the halls and I had no concept of the work behind the scene to create a magical home, festive, and displaying the tidings of the season.  The best lesson I learned that year is to decorate early so that you can enjoy the season.  

The Christmas season came early this year with a late Thanksgiving holiday, and personally for me, a business trip to Phoenix, and fundraiser right at Thanksgiving really put demands on my time and decking the halls this year.  

We are finally almost all "decked out", and I have to say, that it helps me enjoy the season, and also make our home a magical place for my kids.  I am looking at the calendar, and trying to fit in luncheons/dinners with friends and I cannot believe how my schedule each weekend is full and that there really is not much time between now and Christmas.  

Be sure to read my posts daily so that you can embrace this season.  It is magical if you make it that way.  I was fortunate to have grown up in a home where Christmas spirit abounded and my soul is forever happy during this season (amongst the chaos and commitments) I feel the spirit of Christmas in every song, sight and sound!

Deck the Halls and let your light shine this holiday season!
Have a HIPP holiday day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment